[Bf-committers] Re: Sequencer rewrite & speed control

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sun Nov 12 19:28:15 CET 2006

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006, Peter Schlaile wrote:

> you can easily extent the underlying strip (the strip, you used the speed
> control effect on) to fit your needs. Just tried, seems to do the trick,
> since remapping works also inside the extent-area.
>
> But maybe I haven't got your idea correctly?

Hi Peter,

well, you got it correctly, and I could swear I did try to pull out the
strip at the end, and that still, the frames in the extended part were
blank. Now I tried again and it indeed works as expected, even with a movie
(mpeg) strip.

If I find the same issue again, I'll make a demo file. Odd.

Thanks for the hard work - you're creating the first usable NLE on Linux.