[Bf-committers] Re: Sequencer rewrite & speed control

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Sun Nov 12 19:07:58 CET 2006

Hi Alexander,

> > I did a rather large rewrite of the sequencer and added a speed control
> > effect this evening.
>
> If you use an IPO to slow down certain parts of a strip, the strip does not
> "stretch" according to the slower playback, and the end of the strip is cut
> off and not usable.
>
> The strip should probably stretch to accomodate the additional playback time.

you can easily extent the underlying strip (the strip, you used the speed
control effect on) to fit your needs. Just tried, seems to do the trick,
since remapping works also inside the extent-area.

But maybe I haven't got your idea correctly?

(automatic extent could easily lead to _very_ large strips with a few
mouse clicks - the trouble with memory management in such cases and what
the code should do, if people just let the strip run in reverse is not
very clear to me...)

Greetings,
Peter

BTW: And thanks for testing! Either everything worked as expected or
     nobody dared to complain ;-)