[Bf-committers] Ogre3D integration status & suggestion

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Thu Nov 9 20:01:47 CET 2006

Hi Erwin and snailrose,

I wanted to ask what the status of the Ogre3D integration is, since not much
has been heard from the project for about 5 months...

And doing this, I'd also have a suggestion - which probably is pretty
obvious - but anyway, maybe it hasn't been considered.

As Blender's 3D view drawing is generally getting very old, and increasingly
different to the actual drawing in the game engine, and as it's not feasible
to maintain both systems seperately, I'd strongly suggest integrating Ogre3D
in such a way (if possible) that it can use the same data structures as the
current 3D view drawing, and thus also *replaces* the normal view drawing,
NOT only in-game. This would make the most sense to me.

Has this been considered?

Thanks