[Bf-committers] Re: game engine sound interferes with sequencer sound

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Wed Nov 1 19:56:10 CET 2006

> Why can't we stop/shutdown SDL sound before the game engine starts, and
> exclusively activate OpenAL while the game engine is running?
> Or is the bug more subtle then that?
>
> Thanks,
> Erwin

Actually the issue is the other way around.  The SoundSystem code
needs to be modified so it gets initiated when you start the
game engine, and then shut off when stopped.  Currently its
initalized globaly and thats the issue.

It shouldn't be too hard to fix, and I've had it on my todo for awhile now.
I'll eventually get to it. ;)
If anyone wants to ask me questions about it though I can give lots of
pointers.

Kent