[Bf-committers] parts rendering inconsistencies and questions/bugs

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Wed May 31 13:53:48 CEST 2006

Previously, I set the buttons max to 1024 for my smooth panoramic 360
dojo scene, and found no problems.  The code internally was trying to
ensure that the PRODUCT of the xparts*yparts was 64 or less.  I saw no
reason for that limit, as everything related was allocated dynamically.

I don't know about the new structure, but I would like the limits to be
high, to allow for small parts.  The thinner the part, the smoother the
approximation of a panoramic cylindrical projection.  Someone on Elysiun
recreated a wonderful Escher image with only 64 parts but it would be
better with narrower parts.

I agree that xparts=1 yparts=1 should also be possible, though I don't
know why Ton disabled it.  Maybe it was just to help detect and
"migrate" the old-style .blend files to a default xparts=4 yparts=4 for
threaded performance reasons.

[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]