[Bf-committers] parts rendering inconsistencies and questions/bugs

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Wed May 31 11:32:08 CEST 2006

I just was looking at parts rendering

CVS minimum is 2 xparts and 2 yparts in the codebase, changing it to 1
doesn't cause any errors I can see, and would make it consistent with
2.41

The python  max yparts is 512 (sceneRender.c), in buttons_scene.c it
is 64, which is correct?

If you set xparts and ypart to their maximum, the actual maximum parts
allowed/used depends on apparently the size of the image?

800x600 - limited to 130 parts
2400x1800 - limited to 1938 parts
8000x6000 - limited to 11750 parts
10000x10000 - limited to 24649

(note watching the default cube render in 24649 is rather amusing
though a bit slow :) )

512*64 = 32 768 max parts so I assume the 64 is correct above, but why
not 256 * 128 instead?

LetterRip