[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src header_info.c usiblender.c

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Wed May 31 01:28:49 CEST 2006

On Tue, 30 May 2006, Joe Eagar wrote:

> Yes.  It simply returns the length of an allocated memory block.  I'm talking
> about static strings struct members, so since they're allocated as part of
> the greater memory block (struct) rather then on their own, MEM_alloc_len()
> won't work.

Ahhhh, yes, of course, that's true of course. But that doesn't have to do
anything with structs. It wouldn't work outside structs, either.

However, with statically sized strings (which can be identified because
there's no data about them in the MEM_allocN pool), it can just use sizeof.

And manually allocated strings inside structs of course work anyway.

So, I see no problems ;)