[Bf-committers] Sunday meeting time - not based on GMT?

Ben Batt benbatt at gmail.com
Sun May 28 08:20:54 CEST 2006

Hi,
This came up on the SoC mailing list, but I thought I'd post it here
as well. There seems to be some inconsistency with the sunday meeting
time listed on the wiki at
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/SundayMeetingAgenda#Sunday_Meeting_Agenda

It says "Next sunday meeting is, Sunday 28th May; UTC/GMT 15 (CEST 16,
Sao Paulo 11, MTL 10, CSST 09, PST 07, Sydney 00:00 ...)". UTC/GMT 15
is actually an hour later than CEST 16, so it's inconsistent.

Actually, as far as I can tell, it's held at UTC/GMT 14. I'm in
Melbourne (GMT+10, same as Sydney), and I turned up for a meeting a
couple of weeks ago at 1:00 in the morning (I missed the "Sydney
00:00" entry in the wiki, and just calculated the local time from the
UTC time). It turned out I was an hour late and the meeting was over.

I would edit the wiki to fix this, but it seems like the meeting time
isn't actually fixed with regard to GMT, but perhaps is based on
someone's (Ton's?) local time. Does anyone know what the story is
there?

Thanks,
Ben