[Bf-committers] request: semiofficial/unofficial testing builds for gameengine demo contest

Jacques Beaurain jacques.beaurain at gmail.com
Wed May 24 13:04:33 CEST 2006

> gameengine enabled :) ) since apparently builds done with MSVC 8
> compiler lack compatibility with older windows versions

This is not entirely true. It just depends whether you link to the
static or dll version of the Microsoft C runtime libraries. A while
ago I posted some scons config files that compiles without these
dependencies on a MSVC 8 platform.

A testing build against recent CVS can be found here if anyone wants to confirm:

http://www.jb-online.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/blender_console_windows.zip

This includes my console patch (only enabled with -c command line
flag) but I can make another such build against a clean checkout if
required.

Cheers,
Jacques