[Bf-committers] Re: FFMPEG status

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Sun May 21 12:50:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

> Because the official release is made in MSVC I beleive? Or I'm the only
> one who don't understand something.

Hmm. The point, that it currently only works with mingw is more, that no
one updated the MSVC-build... As far as I know, you can use ffmpeg with
MSVC, but you have to use mingw to build the ffmpeg-lib. You can easily
link against MSVC (according to the ffmpeg-FAQ) later.

Can MSVC-people please confirm?

Since a windows-ffmpeg-build is bundled with Blender, this should work.
(Reminding me, to finally add a Linux-version, too... ;-)

> Anyway sory for the complain kind of email, will try to build you a
> small demo file.

That would be nice!

> Had difficulties to output DIVX file also, and the sequencer didn't
> want to load a mpeg2 file it just outputed ;).

Ouchie. Will try again.

> (writing this as reminder, I'll fill a bugreport if I can reproduce).
> big thanks again for this feature, It saved my butt.

You can also email me directly, if this is easier for you.

Greetings,
Peter