[Bf-committers] Render time doubled from 2.41 to current CVS version when using raytracing?

Stephane SOPPERA stephane.soppera at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 19 13:49:21 CEST 2006

Ton Roosendaal a écrit :
> Hi Stephane,
>
> The only reason I can think of is that raytracing uses diferent
> options now... however, a testing file rendering in 30 minutes isn't
> very useful for test.
> You can help me by testing different simple setups and evaluate which
> of the features causes the longer render time.
That's what I'm trying to do but I'm unsuccessful yet.
I'll tell you when I'll have found something.

By the way I remember something strange: when rendering with current
CVS, it seems that for each tile of the image, there are two renders. I
see a first pass that is darker than the final image and then a new pass
that build the final image. What are those two passes?

Thanks,
Stéphane