[Bf-committers] Render time doubled from 2.41 to current CVS version when using raytracing?

Stephane SOPPERA stephane.soppera at wanadoo.fr
Thu May 18 21:05:59 CEST 2006

Hi,

I noticed that for the following picture:
http://stephane.soppera.googlepages.com/blender

the render time with blender 2.41 is 14 minutes
and with current CVS blender it is 30 minutes.

So it seems that the render time has doubled between the two version.
For this image I'm using raytracing.

Is there any reason for this? Did I make a mistake or is this a known
problem?

Please note that I'm using the same file for my tests with 241 and CVS
versions, so I'm not using composition or advanced material nodes.
The CVS version I use is my own build using VC7.0 and scons. It's a
build in optimized mode, not a debug one.

Thanks in advance for answers,
Stéphane SOPPERA