[Bf-committers] Re: msvcgen: Autogeneration of Visual Studioprojectfiles (all versions)

erwin at erwincoumans.com erwin at erwincoumans.com
Wed May 17 22:27:01 CEST 2006

Hi Gilbert,

Here are some more details of msvcgen.
But beware: I'm not asking you to do the initial setup of this
autogeneration system :-)

Main thing is that once it is setup, the autogeneration makes it easier to
maintain projectfiles, for all systems (6/7/7.1/8 and future).

The initial setup is not trivial. It requires unix, jam, perl, and 2
template toolkits installed. Some links for convenience:
http://www.template-toolkit.org/
http://search.cpan.org/dist/AppConfig/
http://www.perforce.com/jam/jam.html
ftp://ftp.perforce.com/pub/jam/

 From then, you can just run jam msvcgen to autogenerate all.

It is in Bullet sourcecode, download here:
http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet

unzip Bullet and inspect msvc for output, and mk/ folder for templates.

I'm sure most features can be built into the templates (like post and
prebuild steps etc). I didnt write the system, I can get you in touch with
the developers if you like.

Thanks,
Erwin