[Bf-committers] Re: Booleans crash with MSVC8.0

Austin Benesh bfdeveloper at gmail.com
Tue May 16 01:41:13 CEST 2006

Austin Benesh wrote:
> I submitted this to the bugtracker first, but Ton told me to submit it
> here instead. Anyway, I found that booleans work with almost all other
> builds except those built with MSVC8.0. After extensive debugging I
> found that the function vertex_it.Done() was constantly returning 1,
> no matter what the iterator input was. I am a little confused because
> this kind of error should cause a crash on all systems. How come it
> doesn't seem to cause problems with any other build? Any help would be
> great.
>
>  - Austin
Ha! I solved my own problem. The problem lay with the stupid
vector::iterator stuff. It was trying to dereference an empty iterator,
so I fixed it and am uploading the patch to the tracker. One statement I
would like to make, though: those of you who are using std::vector in
your code, please debug it first before submitting it as final. A lot of
bugs in this template class go unnoticed until whiney compilers (like
MSVC 8.0) throw a fit over the smallest minute detail. Thank you.

 - Austin