[Bf-committers] Summer of Documentation

Davide Vercelli davide.vercelli at gmail.com
Mon May 15 08:11:19 CEST 2006

Speaking about code comments, what is really needed are commented
struct fields. The biggest problem I have in understanding the code is
when I have no clue about what a variable means... Imho a policy
requiring a short description and usage note per field should be
enforced on new code. Adding them to current code (at least when names
are not auto-explicative) would be a good idea too, but maybe, as
theeth points out, that should be done by experienced developers.

About Summer of Docs: it's a nice idea, but isn't there the risk that
it will discourage other, not-paid, documentation efforts?

UncleZeiv