[Bf-committers] Summer of Documentation

trip somewhere trip0o at gmail.com
Sun May 14 18:34:38 CEST 2006

That said ton, if no attempt to comment in the code happens again we
will have a code base that is still very hard to read for another
year.

I understand why you think it would be messy. but unless I miss
something comments can just be ignorred.

Just having something to read from as a starting point each time I
start digging in would be a blessing. And then when someone does get
it then maybe they can make one of those diagrams for derivedmesh for
ya..

I'm not asing for something like the Doxy system, I just need some
more comments instead of archaic answers like this
// editmesh.h shouldn't be in this file... ok for now?
OR
/* according manpages needed */

In reading books and stuff they ALL teach and drill it into your head
to comment your code be it whatever.. Not just give it titles of a one
line comment but as you go in it to comment what a said loop is
doing..

This sounds and makes sence to you now that you have been in the code
for a while but punks like me can't get it yet.. And most won't ..
Espiccially when we really don;t have much time to hop in and start
deciphering.

It's a small thing to ask but a HUGE time saver for new peeps.