[Bf-committers] 1) ESC doesn't abort render 2)Bulletphysicsproblems

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat May 13 03:21:42 CEST 2006

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Erwin Coumans wrote:

> Can you try the links I posted, and let me know if they work for you?
> Did you do a full 'clean' ? Which platform do you use?

I did not do a make clean, no. I'm using Linux IA32...

I could not use the testbuild because it requires python 2.4.

> If you interpret 9.8 blender units as gravity, then 1 blender unit = 1 meter
> for Bullet.

OK.

> 0.2 is about the smallest size, because 0.06 is a collision margin, which
> gets added on both sides.
> It will become tweakable, but objects smaller then 0.2 should be avoided.

OK. Well, it should definitely get tweakable then, because a 0.06m collision
margin is already large enough to make a *lot* of objects unusable - for
example: bricks.

Anyway, when scaling up scenes, you can get some pretty interesting
simulations - maybe this is the kind of test file you're looking for: :)

http://pub.instinctive.de/bullet-house.blend

(Pressing SPACE also is fun - strangely it only works if you do it directly
after pressing P...)