[Bf-committers] 1) ESC doesn't abort render 2) Bullet physicsproblems

Mal mal at candomultimedia.com
Sat May 13 02:32:03 CEST 2006

Hi Erwin,

 > Best is to mail me a blend, and I can verify it.

To get you some more sample .blend files to test how people will try to
use Bullet, it might be worth running a quick competition, and getting
people to make simple physics scenes and scenarios that they would like
to see working, but that currently don't work as expected.

This should both give you sample scenes that you can test, and also give
you a better idea of how the Blender GE community might use the physics
engine initially.  Also, if they get fixed and are useful, they could be
included as physics demos in the main build

Some examples might be...
- Simulating a bowling alley ( having different styles of pins, applying
an impulse to a ball right at the start to knock them over )
- Having a Super Monkey / Marble Madness sphere type game
- Move a character object around a level, with moving platforms
- Create some crazy stunts for the new vehicle based game
- Set up ragdolls to fall through extreme levels

I don't mind donating a prize ( eg a free copy of our 3D Art Gallery
Creator software, worth $99 ) to the winner ( the winner might be the
best set up scene, or the worst!  Maybe having two prizes would help to
award both categories! ).  The smell of a free prize can motivate more
people to help out :)

What do you think?  If it would be useful, I can post to the
blenderartists forum.
Mal