[Bf-committers] Dupliframe type effect

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Wed May 10 09:48:52 CEST 2006

>Is there any current way to get a "snake effect" using dupliframes or
>otherwise. I have an object moving and want it duplicated for say 25
>frames, up to the current frame. Is this a current possibility? Or
>perhaps something someone has thought about. I need it for a small
>project and didn't want to pursue coding it if it was already available.
>
>--
>Johnny Matthews

i wrote a script some time ago, it was never put into cvs -

plant.ffa.vutbr.cz/~novak/dwnflz/snake

i uploaded it here now, it still works, and there's a sample file.
I used it mainly to make some kind of snakes with metaballs, but should be possible to use with any object type. Just the object which is duplified has to be a child of a curve - path.