[Bf-committers] 3 Game Blender / Bullet Physics plans

erwin at erwincoumans.com erwin at erwincoumans.com
Wed May 10 03:27:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

1) Willian Padovani Germano and me are planning to add Rigid Body Physics
inside regular Blender, rather then just a Game Engine/Game Baking option.
Initially only Bullet will be supported, but it will use a C-API physics
abstraction, so ODE and PhysX can be easily added too.

See details here:
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/RigidBodyPhysics

2) I'm trying to fully replace Sumo by Bullet in the Game Engine for Blender
2.42. This allows me to focus on Bullet and get much more feedback.

3) Last but not least, Charlie (assisted a little by me) are working on
Pluggable Game Engine (plugin), and a new prototype Game Engine based on
current Game Engine, Ogre3D graphics and Bullet. Because this is a plugin,
it allows also for CrystalBlend. This is not ready for 2.42, but hopefully
by the end of this Summer we have some Beta...

Erwin
http://bullet.sourceforge.net