[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/include butspace.h blender/source/blender/src buttons_object.c blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Constraint.c Constraint.h Blender.c Object.c Pose.c blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/doc Constraint.py API_intro.py ...

malefico andauer the3d_hut at yahoo.com.ar
Tue May 9 03:06:10 CEST 2006

Hi Ken,

We are playing with Constraint module, but the fact
that is an attribute of poses instead of bones,
confuses us a little...

We tried the example script in the docs and got error.

Sorry my ignorance, but shouldn't this be more logical
if we just iterate around the bones in an armature and
get the constraints each bone has ? Don't really get
what the poses mean and why this is the way to access
to constraints...

Can you check the example you posted in the docs and
explain it or provide some other example ?

The code in the docs is:

---------
from Blender import *

ob = Object.Get('Armature')
for bonename in pose.bones.keys():
  bone = pose.bones[bonename]
  for const in bone.constraints:
    print bone.name,'=>'const.type
----------

We changed it to:

------------
from Blender import *

pose = Armature.Get('Armature')
for bonename in pose.bones.keys():
  bone = pose.bones[bonename]
  for const in bone.constraints:
    print bone.name,'=>',const.type
-------

...to get rid of some error messages, but we're stuck
on "

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test_constraint.py", line 6, in ?
    for const in bone.constraints:
AttributeError: 'Bone' object has no attribute
'constraints'

Thanks for any help !

malefico

<http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/source/blender/include/butspace.h.diff?r1=1.78&r2=1.79&cvsroot=bf-blender>

<http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/source/blender/src/buttons_object.c.diff?r1=1.155&r2=1.156&cvsroot=bf-blender>

<http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/Blender.c.diff?r1=1.81&r2=1.82&cvsroot=bf-blender>

<http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/Object.c.diff?r1=1.186&r2=1.187&cvsroot=bf-blender>

<http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/Pose.c.diff?r1=1.10&r2=1.11&cvsroot=bf-blender>
>   1.33      +1 -0

blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/doc/API_intro.py

<http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/doc/API_intro.py.diff?r1=1.32&r2=1.33&cvsroot=bf-blender>

<http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/doc/Object.py.diff?r1=1.69&r2=1.70&cvsroot=bf-blender>

<http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/doc/Pose.py.diff?r1=1.3&r2=1.4&cvsroot=bf-blender>