[Bf-committers] duplicated hotkeys?

Doug Ollivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Sun May 7 05:11:20 CEST 2006

Hi guys, I am really curious as to why a whole pile of hotkeys have been
duplicated around the interface.

Save is Ctrl+S (in object mode) and Ctrl+W (In all modes)

U is undo, while Ctrl+Z is undo.

There are a number of standard hotkeys shared by "most" software.
blender uses some of them, but not all.

Now I am not trying to say blender should be standardised to other
software.  But when standards are conflicting within blender itself, its
a bit crazy.  we have run out of hotkeys haven't we?  how many are there
which have been made redundant by another key?

I have noticed these hotkeys more as I have begun using a whole pile of
software programs, (not 3d software, but all sorts of software, page
layout stuff, 3d stuff, painting stuff)  they are all fairly
interchangeable with hotkeys.

is there an intention within blender development to become more standad
in hotkeys? or is this not considered important?

Doug (Alltaken)