[Bf-committers] GPU rendering, gelato, anyone used with blender?

Luigi Monaco zdys at zdys.de
Thu May 4 14:14:06 CEST 2006

Hi to all,

I was wondering if anyone has used gelato¹ together with blender? I was
looking for supported import formats and it seems like only Renderman
(RIB?) is supported. I didn't find any working Renderman exporters.

There is pyg (python for gelato bindings) and examples coming with the
free production version², so I was asking myself if anyone is playing
around with this?

If there isn't already, wouldn't a plugin for Blender be a nice GSOC
project?

Greets

Luigi Monaco
---
¹) nVidia GPU renderer
²) http://www.nvidia.com/page/gelato.html
--
tel: +49 06021 459 0690 | mobil: +49 0171 3113 868 | http://ocanom.com

Q:	What's the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish wake?
A:	One less drunk.