[Bf-committers] Build Problem with MSVC-7.0

Yonghong Guo yh4guo at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 04:47:47 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm a beginner on the Blender society. I have working
experience on C/C++/Java and some knowledge on
(commercial) CAD products. I'm a student looking for
Google sponsored SoC opportunity to enhance my
software engineering skills.

Anyway, I've downloaded Blender 2.41 and unzipped
accordingly. I first tried to build the internal
libraries (intern) as directed. After some building
errors, I've also tried to close MSVC and start MSVC
as well as the intern.sln again (also suggested on
Blender website) from the following location:

C:\blender\intern\make\msvc_7_0

No luck still: some of the libraries failed to build.

Some of the error messages are reasonable, e.g.:

1) fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'SDL.h': No such file or directory

2) same type of error for soundsystem/openal (file
<AL/al.h>)

3) intern/elbeem/intern for 'zlib.h'

4) intern/keymaker for openssl/rand.h

Can anybody give me a hand on this? I know I should
use make instead of MSVC to build. I'm thinking about
MSVC's object browsing and debugging capability...

Thanks for your input.

Yonghong