[Bf-committers] Sculpting proposal for Google SoC

Simon Clitherow aphex at nildram.co.uk
Tue May 2 17:51:44 CEST 2006

Hi Nicholas,

Firstly, I'd like to say congratulations on SharpConstruct... I've been
using it for a while now and find it really useful already.

 > Agreed. Using the current subsurf modifier as a base should make
 > things easier, not to mention less buggy. However, I don't know
 > anything yet about how Blender's modifiers are implemented.

Whether this becomes an official SoC project or not (I'd love to see it
integrated either way), you might want to look at zr's DerivedMesh.c
and CCGSubSurf.c in /source/blender/blenkernel/intern/

Zr could probably explain better, but he implemented a technique to
speed up subsurf editing IIRC.

Good Luck!

Simon