[Bf-committers] small fix for import_3ds.py

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Tue May 2 04:02:21 CEST 2006

I think this one's for Campbell Barton, but in case anyone else wants to
get it...

On line 289 on my version of import_3ds.py script, it is catching
AttributeError exceptions.  It should instead (or in addition) catch
ValueError exceptions at that point, and handle it similarly.  I added
that as an additional clause in my scratch copy and it let me proceed to
load a test .3ds I needed.  In case it's important, it was conflicting
on a camera name, not a mesh object name.

There's another object-naming bug which I've not fully tracked down, but
is not too critical, but may be related.  It appears off by a name, so
that imported components get names that are meant for other components
from the same .3ds file.  An airplane may get two wings and a fuselage,
but their names seem to be assigned off.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]