[Bf-committers] CrystalBlend SoC project

Scott Johnson scottj at cs.und.edu
Mon May 1 23:19:40 CEST 2006

Hi Jorrit:

I was wondering if you had any specific projects in mind that needed to
be developed with CrystalBlend.  I saw that you were participating in
SOC this year, but I was a little intimidated since I have never worked
with the project before.  I am currently a graduating senior in Computer
Science at the University of North Dakota, I will be going into a PhD
program at the University of Minnesota this coming fall, specializing in
Computer Graphics.

I have worked with several graphics engines over the years, and have
quite a bit of experience with OpenGL (including OpenGL 2.0 and the
GLSL), as well as almost 10 years experience coding in C/C++.  I have
worked on implementing several graphics algorithms (including a shading
model which takes after the Phong system).  I am interested in
light/color interaction and shading with respect to
refraction/iridescences.  I have done research in software
engineering/OO design and development using UML.

I guess what I wanted to know is if you are looking for someone like
myself.  Like I said, I haven't worked with CrystalSpace before, but I
am a quick learner, and could become acquainted with the code rather
quickly.  I am eager to work with a graphics project in this years
summer of code.  I would like to work with CrystalSpace, but I am unsure
as to how to proceed, since I don't have a specific project in mind at
this time.

Thank you for your time,

~Scott

Scott Johnson