rigid body physics in Blender (was Re: [Bf-committers] SOC idea)

Erwin Coumans erwin at erwincoumans.com
Mon May 1 16:36:35 CEST 2006

It is in my interest to get Bullet Physics library in Blender. More users,
more feedback, better quality.
As you know, Bullet is already integrated in Blender, for Game Engine, and
it allows to bake keyframes from there.
It would be a rather small step to extend that to regular Blender.

Is there a new GSOC 2006 project for ODE-Blender? I only remember a halted
GSOC 2005 project.

So my preference would be to decide how to integrate it, use a physics
abstraction,
add Bullet physics first, and then ODE (and perhaps PhysX) in a second
release.

Thanks,
Erwin

PS: There is also a preliminary Bullet-ODE blend indeed, but its best to go
non-blended versions first.