[Bf-committers] Some notes on using Scons for release distro work

Simon Clitherow aphex at nildram.co.uk
Thu Mar 30 23:53:58 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I've started looking at the refactored scons for making release distros
and I've found a few things missing that I'd like to note here.

This is to get some idea of what is being worked on or as a kind of
todo list before the next release. :)

*  Scons does not build the blenderplayer currently.
(I may have just missed the option for it.)

*  Scons doesn't yet have the archive and NSIS/installer functions
re-integrated.

*  Copying python scripts to the install dir doesn't currently copy the
directories 'bpymodules' and 'bpydata' on Windows.

*  Need to copy across libtiff.dll/so, if present on build system.

* In addition for Windows, the contents of /release/windows/extra
should be copied to the install dir.

I think this is everything needed to get a complete release
distribution (zip archive + exe installer on Windows) :)

Cheers,

Simon