[Bf-committers] re: reminder

Purple purple_at_best at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 26 12:55:34 CEST 2006

Hi,

Regarding contributions to blender I have written a DOF
composit node. It uses a correct post render approximation
method for the lens blur, focus area over background
compositing, flexible inputs for animation, etc. I have
posted a teaser at elysiun.

http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64900

A commercial comparison would be something like depth of
field pro http://www.richardrosenman.com/dofpro.htm

As with all post render methods it will not deal with
transparancy or particles - though careful staging and/or
compositing will get desired results.

I really only have cleaning up and some more testing to do
- mainly centered around the antialiasing of the composit
masks after trying about 15 different methods, etc, etc.

I will create a project page on the wiki as soon as I can
next week explaining my method and a users guide as well. I
will also release a patch next week - this will be my first
so any pointers would be very much appreciated. Community
testing should take a few weeks.

I don't know how this fits in with plans but it's just a
heads up because it's imminent and I have not had much
chance to promote what I've been doing.

Many thanks,