[Bf-committers] Python & G.scene

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Mar 23 11:28:38 CET 2006

Hi,

And without lamp or camera nothing really renders. Not to mention
there's no output path set for an image, render settings are in unknown
default, and there must be more issues I don't know yet. Then it is
unknown what scale the 3ds object is, what view would suit best, where
to put a lamp efficiently, etc.

In general I prefer to not think in 'it might be possible so lets add
it', but try to stick to a certain design with strict rules. The first
case will always end up in troubles, the latter we can at least freeze
down as a spec and make sure it works.

All coding work I've done on Blender sofar really requires a .blend to
run. The background rendering does lack certain features (like default
tmp path, yafray path, etc, stuff stored in the .B.blend now) which we
should look into.

-Ton-