[Bf-committers] mingw&Scons

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Tue Mar 21 14:01:23 CET 2006

Hi,

The problem is the combination of Python and Mingw on win32 on this case.
For some reason the command-line gets too long for mingw. In comparison
scons/msvc doesn't have this problem, and it also seems to be
configuration dependent. For instance, on my laptop with winxp, I have the
problem, but on my main machine (also with winxp), I don't have the
problem, even with the same directory depth. There is a possible solution
around this, but I haven't committed it, because it doesn't work reliably
yet.

Until then, the shorter buildpath is the best solution. BF_BUILDDIR=C:\b .
The other directory depths can be as deep as permitted by the OS, but the
builddir should be as shallow as possible.

/Nathan