[Bf-committers] Multiview autostereoscopic displays?

Carsten Wartmann Carsten.Wartmann at imago-viva.de
Tue Mar 21 13:05:40 CET 2006

Hi,

Blender ("Game"Engine) works like a charm with the vinterlace option on
(lenticular) autostereo displays. We can produce runtimes for Seereal
(we own one 20" Display from them) http://www.seereal.de/ and ACT
displays http://www.actkern.info/index.php?id=304

Of course we can produce also runtimes for MacOSX and Linux (and m
presumably for all platforms Blender runs on) which is quite a unique thing!

However there are now more and more Multiview Displays which need a
special opengl.dll which catches the opengl code(? scene?) and is
rendering the multiviews (typically 5 to 9) and interlaces them.

At a first glance here with blender, it seems to me that this would
work. However a native support would be much nicer (see above).

 From my very limited knowledge in coding it seems that there is only
one point in KX_KetsjiEngine.cpp and some masking tricks in OpenGl
rendering? Maybe ist is easy for an experienced person to add more views
(maybe configurable in the GUI)? Maybe only a loop or so (so my simple
mind thinks...).

Regards,
Carsten