[Bf-committers] Error compiling under win32 with GCC (maybe Cygwin's/MinGW's shell32 lib lacks SHGetSpecialFolderPath???)

Andrea Weikert andrea at aweikert.de
Mon Mar 20 10:17:12 CET 2006

Hi,

> There is a problem compiling under Win32 using GCC (both Cygwin with
> makefiles and MinGW with scons) after the last changes to usiblender.c:

Yes, this was caused by my commit yesterday, sorry for that. I've since then
worked on solving the issue.

> I added -lshell32 to the list of libraries for ld:

This is the first thing you need to do, correct. Unfortunately for correct
inclusion of the
header shlobj.h -D_WIN32_IE=0x0400 has to be added to the CPPFLAGS too.
I'm working on solving the issue for the scons build with jesterKing and hope
someone
familiar with the makefiles can add it there too.

If adding this is not acceptable, I will disable the inclusion fo shlobj.h and
SHGetSpecialFolderPath
for FREE_WINDOWS.

--- Andrea