[Bf-committers] Cloth Modifier Results Baking

zaz at visi.com zaz at visi.com
Wed Mar 15 21:49:28 CET 2006

Johnny Matthews wrote:
> Aren't there a limited number of shape keys available?

There could be, I've heard that mentioned before.

In the past when I was working on the python cloth simulation
module, I was creating 1,000+ vertex keys on several objects
to store my results and never ran into a problem.  The vertex
keys were added via python calls and as far as I could tell
everything worked fine.

However, others more in the know than I thought this wasn't possible
and I never took the time to get to the bottom on it since it was
working for me.  I was hoping that if there was a hard limit, or
other technical reason to not use shape keys for this purpose,
someone on the list would know that with authority.

Todd Koeckeritz, zaz at visi.com

Surfin' the Web with an ActiveX enabled browser is kindof like having
to worry about getting shot everytime you knock on a door.