[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src sequence.c

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Mar 15 13:29:45 CET 2006

Hi,

Depends on what you mean with 'excessive'. Forcing lines to always fit
within 80 chars (and especially when you have tab size on 8 spaces)
will too quickly result in very short lines of code. This for example;

		se->ibuf= IMB_loadiffname(name,
         IB_rect);

Nevertheless; it's also based on personal style and past experience.
Most important for now is try to keep code consistant at least per
module or file.
The coding guideline page needs update too... the 80 chars convention
is quite narrow in many cases, especially if you decide to use longer
variable names for readability.

Will come back to it later... stressy days here. :)

-Ton-