[Bf-committers] [python API] new function : NMesh.GetRawFromRender(object_name)

jean-michel soler jmsoler at free.fr
Sat Mar 11 19:08:56 CET 2006

Hi,
it is my first post here and i beg your pardon if  it is not the
place where we can communicate about this .

I am currently trying to add a new function to the NMesh module :
GetRawFromRender(object_name) .

The aim : to get the geometry which is modified by displacement mapping,
or added by particules strand and 'dupliverted' or 'dupliframed' object .
These data are not available by the display list of the object and the
GetRawFromObject() ignores all of them .

A test can be done with this win32 compilation :
http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/index.php3?zoo=com
An example file can be downloaded from this url :
http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/newsportal/attachment.php?group=3D.Blender&id=120931&attachment=1

It seems to work pretty well but i have problems with the uvmapping .
Specially when  there is strand particules and displacement mapping .
A little help would be appreciated .

Regards,
jm