[Bf-committers] Bias lamps negative values

Giuseppe Canino jojospino at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 9 18:25:03 CET 2006

Hi to everybody,I'm tryng to create a good material in Blender(with the new
nodes)to render in a nice way sub surface scattering for  human skin .
I have found a way to use shadow maps for this,the result are not
perfect,but not so bad
I think I'm on the right way:

Test image

http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skinshadingtest6nj.jpg

Test image(happy buddha from stanford)

http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=testrender8po.png

Shading network

http://img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=network7rw.jpg

But I think I could make it even better,if the bias parameter of the lamps
could allow negative value(now the value cannot be negative).
How difficult should be modifying the code to allow negative values?
I don't know if this can cause problems,but if not  it could be a really
nice addition, we can create
nice translucency effects really easy.
Bye
Pino