[Bf-committers] Updated cineon/dpx patch

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 21:02:58 CET 2006

Hi, I've updated the cineon/dpx patch to support both exporting and
importing of cineon/dpx files (including making sure Play Anim worked).
I've also changed the button in the fileselector so it displays "Save
Cineon" or "Save DPX" instead of defaulting to "Save Targa.  Patch at
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3972&group_id=9&atid=127

The next step is probably going to be corresponding with the cinepaint
people, asking them if theres any flaws in the way the library saves dpx
(especially the question of whether or not it's possible to make it save
full 16-bits-per-channel non-log.  here's a question, does the HD tape
even support 16-bit-per-channel non-log?).  It's a little confusing
because the dpx specs I found weren't exactly 100% clear on this.

For loading from memory buffers, I added a wrapper around the three file
reading functions used by the cinepaint library (fread, fwrite (although
it doesn't do anything if in memory buffer mode), and fseek).  They're
called logimage_f*** and I put them in a new file, logmemfile.c (with
prototypes in logmemfile.h) in the imbuf/cineon folder.

joeedh