[Bf-committers] Could someone explain the Mesh structure in Blender

xiang liang xlvector at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 10:00:17 CET 2006

I read codes about Mesh, I donot know what each element in Mesh struct
means.
can someone tell me how does blender store mesh, use what structure.
For example. CGAL use half-edge data structure.

MVert may be the vertext list, MEdge may be the edge list, but what is other
members in structure Mesh mean.

can someone explain it, or give me a link where I can find detialed
explanation.

typedef struct Mesh {
 ID id;

 struct BoundBox *bb;

 ListBase effect;
 ListBase disp;

 struct Ipo *ipo;
 struct Key *key;
 struct Material **mat;

 void *mface, *dface, *tface;
 struct MVert *mvert;
 struct MEdge *medge;
 struct MDeformVert *dvert; /* __NLA */
 struct MCol *mcol;
 struct MSticky *msticky;
 struct Mesh *texcomesh;
 float *orco;

  /* not written in file, caches derived mesh */
 struct DerivedMesh *derived;
  /* hacky place to store temporary decimated mesh */
 struct DispListMesh *decimated;

 struct OcInfo *oc;  /* not written in file */
 void *sumohandle;

 int totvert, totedge, totface;
 int texflag;

 float loc[3];
 float size[3];
 float rot[3];

 float cubemapsize, pad;

 short smoothresh, flag;

 short subdiv, subdivr;
 short totcol;
 short subsurftype;

} Mesh;

--
Liang Xiang
Email : xlvector at gmail.com
National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition
Institute of Automation, Chineses Academy of Sciences
Address: No.95 Zhongguancun East Road, Beijing, 100080, P.R.China