[Bf-committers] Question about scene lighting.

Robert Wenzlaff rwenzlaff at soylent-green.com
Tue Mar 7 17:24:08 CET 2006

I was playing at being a Blender user this weekend and came upon an idea
but I don't know how technically feasible it is.  It sounds simple to
implement if OpenGL will allow a decent mapping.  I'm not all that familiar
with OpenGL Lighting.

There are 3 "Editing lights" that are used in shaded mode.  Would it be
possible to add a button in lamps that basically says "Make Editing Lamp
1/2/3 like this".  Again I'm not to familiar with how they are set up, but
I seem to recall they are basically sun lamps,  but you could at least map
vector, relative energy and color.

Or am I missing something basic?

Det. Thorn.