[Bf-committers] rendering mesh vertex color alpha component

Tell-you-later designerway at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 04:40:26 CET 2006

Hi All,
  I'm adopting Blender as my 3D tool/renderer for
scientific visualization, where mesh vertices quite
often colormap with alpha information, yet I'm
learning that such rendering isn't possible.  To be
complete, I already posted this question in

     Blender.org Forum Index  -> Rendering

about having semi-transparent vertices render when
belonging to a mesh with material mode VCol_Paint.

I know everyone's busy, so is there anything I can do
to help in this regard?  Thanks!
Remik