[Bf-committers] compositor-effect in sequencer

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Sun Mar 5 23:59:01 CET 2006

Hi,

I played a little bit with the compositor this afternoon, and collected
the following ideas:

>From the perspective of the sequencer the compositor enables us to create
custom-effects. I propose, to generate an additional compositor-pipeline
"Sequencer-Effect-Nodes" (as an addition to material and "regular"
compositors) that has in _addition_ to the "regular" compositor

- two input-nodes (will serve as input of the effect filter)
- one output-node (will serve as output of the effect filter) as well as
- one or more Sequencer-IPO-input-nodes (one in a first stage
  implementation).

It should be possible to save these pipelines by name (just like the
materials) and have these pipelines show up in the effect-plugin window of
the sequencer by name.

That way, one can build filter-pipelines and use them several times on the
same sequencer timeline. They can then all be controlled by IPOs. (In a
second stage, one should be able to add more IPO-channels to have a more fine
grained control of the parameters in the compositor-effect).

One could add more input nodes, but I do not think, that this makes things
very transparent to the user of the final effect-filter in the sequencer.
(Nevertheless, it would be very easy to add this feature afterwards...)

Please let me know, what you think about it.

Greetings,
Peter

----
Peter Schlaile <peter at schlaile dot de>