[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Object.c

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Sat Mar 4 23:36:19 CET 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 19:45, Joilnen Leite wrote:
>     blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Object.c
>   fix for bug 3903

i dont know if this is correct. AFAIK that update is an expensive call, and
the idea is that operations (like parenting there?) that need a recalc have
that flagging which was already there.

then it is unclear when to do the actual update. basically the whole DAG
should be hidden from users (including scripters), but it may not make sense
to have the update call there always in every method. like if a script
changes the parenting of thousands of objects .. well that flush seems to be
tied to a certain object, so perhaps it is good.

just wanted to bring this up so that a possible problem wont go unnoticed. but
hopefully that is already the good solution and i reacted in vain..

 	/* since we have messed with object, we need to flag for DAG recalc */
 	self->object->recalc |= OB_RECALC_OB;
+	DAG_object_flush_update(G.scene, self->object, OB_RECALC_DATA);

~Toni