[Bf-committers] spaceball patch 3688

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Fri Mar 3 22:25:58 CET 2006

Le 3 mars 06 à 21:28, Stealth Apprentice a écrit :

> A little research turns up libusb as a cross-platform
> method of accessing USB. I've done some testing
> libusb-win32, and it can see the device (and my
> joysticks, mice, etc)
>
> libusb is licensed under LGPL.
>
> Does it sound okay to everyone to pursue a libusb
> based solution?

I was thinking of using application-side drivers,
using the HID and EHCI interfaces. There is native
solutions for that on both windows and macosx, at
least for the range of input devices that interest us.

However as the linux situation is more blurry, perhaps
the libusb solution is indeed better. this lib is rather
new (but active). I have no idea of its quality.

the documentation for it is rather sparse though.

last solution is to use the SDL code already present in game
engine but this code is limited and primitive.