[Bf-committers] spaceball patch 3688

Stealth Apprentice stealthapprentice at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 3 17:47:34 CET 2006

Thanks for the response.

This gives me some ideas for further development.

I would be happy to work on eliminating all
non-GPL'ness and the need for the plugin.

1. On Linux it is easy to use the device in a cross
platform way by simply opening the device; the SDK is
not required. Windows would require a bit more
research.

2. The settings are not hard wired; they are
controlled from Blender's preferences. The original
version of the patch had hard wired settings, but not
the current version.

3. Making it work with a Joystick would be very easy.
I can have a look at that in order to sweeten the
appeal of my patch for all users.

: