[Bf-committers] spaceball patch 3688

Stealth Apprentice stealthapprentice at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 05:19:08 CET 2006

Hi Blender developers,

A few weeks ago, Luke said my patch 3688 would be
discussed on a Sunday meeting, but I haven't heard
anything about it.

A few people are using the patch successfully, and I
have improved the functionality quite a bit based on
user feedback; it works with USB and serial
spaceballs.

The 3dxware SDK works properly on Linux, although I am
not able to test Blender on Linux myself, and can't
provide the GPL-safe plugin. One Mac user has
contacted me because apparently there is a Mac
specific 3d spacemouse as well.

I am getting a steady stream of email inquiries about
it, and I'm hoping it might make it into CVS in time
for the next Blender release.

Please let me know the current status!

Thanks,