[Bf-committers] Stable patch for correct Chinese characters in Open Box

Jean Montambeault iaminnocent at videotron.ca
Sat Jun 24 20:03:05 CEST 2006

Drip Stone wrote:
> I made this patch several days ago, but it seems nobody talks about it.
> I wonder if somebody would like add it to the blender code after 2.42
> release for a test?
Hello sir,

likely I should be minding my own business since I am not a developper
but allow me to explain :
the next release is imminent and the CVS has been frozen for a couple of
weeks already (only bugfixes and very minor changes by coders with
committing rights were allowed). Add to that the fact that _any_ patch
has to be reviewed by a core coder (hoping that there is someone
qualified and BTW did you add it to the patch tracker ?) and you'll
understand why it is unlikely that this patch will be part of the 2.42
release, IMHO.
Your announcement on http://www.blendernation.com received a warm
welcome message from the Ton himself so don't worry, insist a bit and
forgive our occidental disregard for elementary politeness, please.

Regards

Jean.