[Bf-committers] Status of GameEngine Sound?

Carsten Wartmann carsten.wartmann at imago-viva.de
Sun Jun 18 14:33:31 CEST 2006

Hi,

after a long time I restarted a project in which I would love to use
Sound in the GameEngine, but not on Windows but on Linux and MacOSX.

A quick try to compile (Debian Etch, i386) with WITH_BF_OPENAL = 'true'
did result in errors, so before I spend another hour or two trying to do
something impossible, I like to ask what the status of GameEngine sound
on Linux/MacOSX is?

Even the -g "Disable gameengine sound" switch is not working, meaning
the game is not running (well, dead slow) because of not found actuators.

Regards,
Carsten