[Bf-committers] For render exporters

Alfredo de Greef eeshlo at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 22:16:51 CEST 2006

Hi Ramon, this was in fact exactly how I did it in the
early versions of the yafray export code, but as Ton
pointed out, it pollutes blender code too much, yafray
or other external render code shouldn't be mixed with
blender code. As is most of the code still is now,
yafray related code is all over the place in
blender...
To remedy that a bit, I removed the identity transform
hack (already two years ago now...) so that the export
code itself now has to take care of the correct
transform.

Actually, if you wanted to, you could bypass all that
and use all data as is (I think, not so sure anymore,
was long ago I tried that), and export a fixed camera
at the origin, renderman style.

Anyway, all this is why a separate dedicated external
render api really is needed, which I suppose would
take  care of such things maybe by flags set up by the
external renderer to skip transforms, bypass
subdivision, displacement, object instancing, etc..

Alfredo

--- Ramon Carlos Ruiz <ramoncarlosruiz at gmail.com>